Be it your first pregnancy or second pregnancy, you must be extremely careful. If your pregnancy test kit shows that you are pregnant, you must contact a good OB or GYN in your location. Your OB or GYN will conduct the necessary tests and let you know whether your health condition is completely right or not. If they observe anything abnormal in test reports, they may recommend some medications to you.
If you have had multiple abortions in the past or have health problems, your pregnancy will be considered a high-risk pregnancy. Most obstetricians may recommend complete bed rest for women with high-risk pregnancies. There are many gynecologists in Texas who offer Mcallen gynecology services. But most people in Texas prefer to visit the Women’s Clinic of the Rio Grande Valley for pregnancy-related issues, as they provide the best gynecology services to their patients.
A GYN or OB may recommend an effective prenatal care plan to keep yourself and your baby healthy. A prenatal care plan includes weight checks, physical exams, frequency of visits for your check-up, and many more.
Following the prenatal care plan can reduce the complications during your pregnancy. It can reduce the risk of abortion. Below are some tips from Texas’s top OB and GYN for high-risk pregnancy.
- Women with high-risk pregnancies must avoid standing for a longer time. For the first 4 to 5 months, you must avoid climbing the stairs.
- Spend around 30 minutes daily in the morning and evening for walking.
- Use the supplements prescribed by your GYN without fail to keep yourself and your baby healthy.
- If you are a working woman, it is recommended to take a short break from your work.
- Avoid lifting heavy weights. Studies show that lifting heavy weight can pressure your fetus and lead to abortion.
- Follow a proper diet plan. You could take the recommendation of your GYN. If you have problems like cancer, thyroid, and diabetes, your GYN may ask you to avoid certain foods as they can increase the risk of abortion.
- Avoid traveling if you had an abortion earlier, especially for longer distances.
- Sleep for at least 10 hours every day. You must avoid sleeping late at night. Make it a habit to go to bed early.
- Do meditation every day.
- Watch your favorite movies or read your favorite books. It can help you avoid negative thoughts.
Contact the best GYN or OB in Texas for prenatal care!